Skip to content

Change of Plans

This goes out to that small but faithful posse of readers who regularly follow The Daily Rhyme. For the last few months I’ve committed to posting a new rhyme every day. I can say with no reservations that it’s been a blast. Of course the quality has varied from day to day, but there have been enough “hits” to keep me energized. Still, as much as I love cranking out doggerel, I’ve had to face the fact that the daily schedule leaves me too little time for another writing project that I want to complete. I’ve come to a final decision that The Daily Rhyme will be “daily” in name only. From now on I’ll post once a week, with additional posts when random inspiration strikes.

Big thanks to all those who have left comments, corrections, criticisms, etc. And to those who just come by to see the latest. I know you’re out there, I’ve seen the stats!

-Scott

9 Comments

1. Cherry wrote:

Thanks for all the fun times! I don’t know if my stats get recorded since I use an RSS aggregator, but I’m a faithful fan. Keep up the good work!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 9:04 am | Permalink
  2. Mair wrote:

Cherry, me too!

Scott, I’ll look forward to whatever and whenever you post. Good luck with your new project!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 10:05 am | Permalink
  3. Just today I gave two more rhyming fans your URL, sigh. I’ll give them the news, email them when you post, and wish you good luck on your project.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 11:52 am | Permalink
  4. Evan wrote:

Always a pleasure when I see your posts land in my RSS reader. Good luck on your project and I’ll still be looking for your updates!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Permalink
  5. Cathy wrote:

Well, once a week is still productive in my opinion.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Permalink
  6. Steve wrote:

I will still be visiting regularly for those updates too! Your writings have been highly enjoyed here, looking forward to more even if less frequent. Thanks!

Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 6:43 am | Permalink
  7. Louise wrote:

Thanks for all the laughs and biting humour, Scott! I’ll continue to look forward to your writings!

Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Permalink
  8. If you don’t write more often, Mr. Emmons, I advise you to TAKE HEED, if you know what I mean!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Permalink
  9. Scott wrote:

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement, everyone!

The following was sent by my friend Rod, who for some reason had trouble getting the comment feature to work properly.

This loathsome news, so horrid, (woe!)
    will torment loyal readers so
    that they might do odd feats and tricks
    for trade, to satisfy their fix
    for any rhymes, good, bad, or obtuse.
    Hear, now, their bidding to seduce:

“Look right here, I know you want it!
    And you can have it…for a sonnet.”

“I’ll satisfy what you obsess, sir.
    “Just leave that quatrain on the dresser.”

“Hey sailor, give my pyrrhic, and throw in dactyl
    And, in this alley, I’ll be most tactile.”

But your fans who lust for metered feet
    won’t suffer johns who use deceit:

“If I did good, you said (you toad!)
    you would pay me with an ode.
    But now I’ll show you things perverse
    to rats who try to leave FREE VERSE!”

About your rhymes, under duress,
    I’m obligated to confess
    (I have to, because I’m not proud)
    your writing makes me laugh out loud
    but I am not a normal fool
    who quivers, shakes, and sometimes drool
    and scampers to your site in haste,
    to curb daily jonesin’ with a taste.
    Not me! No daily fix did e’er I seek.
    I only read you once a week.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Permalink